Sunday, January 23, 2011

Drifting and dreaming

So I realized I haven't been writing much lately. So, what have I been up to? Hmm, not much really. Its funny, as my life is becoming pretty "normal." I get up, go to work, run errands, hit the gym, hang out with friends, read, relax, etc. Now, some of that hanging with friends time is exploring new parts of Prague or checking out places we've been wanting to visit. This past Saturday for example, a group of friends met for brunch at this amazing place that serves American style breakfast which is hard to find here. We splurged on fantastic eggs, bacon, eggs, and real maple syrup! In the stores, real maple syrup costs around $20, so it's definitely a treat! We then walked through beautiful Letna park and enjoyed the views of the city. We finally made our way to St. Norbert Monastery and enjoyed some of the best beer in Prague. It was a pretty fabulous day!

I've also joined a gym and started spinning about 4 times a week. I really enjoy the work outs and I have found that I learned my numbers (at least 1-5) from class! ;) The other day I went into a bakery and was able to order some bread and a pastry without pointing or holding up fingers. This is progress!

I find a lot of my time, I spend dreaming about other places to travel to. So, to balance those dreams, I have decided to make it a goal to do at least one new thing in Prague each week. This week, I went to the Peach Pit. It's a bar about 3 blocks from my house that is modeled after the Peach Pit diner from Beverly Hills 90210. Basically, it's hilarious, but also a fun place to hang out! I also have a huge list of museums and churches I haven't been inside yet, so I'll be working on going to a few of those these next few weeks. I love the active learning that goes along with exploring a new city and all that it has to offer. I feel each week I have a better understanding of this city...and yet, still so much to learn!

In my dreaming of travel, I am mostly dreaming of my trip to Turkey in March. My friend Katrina and I will go there for our spring break, and we're in the research phase of figuring out where we all want to go and what we all want to see! Visiting Turkey has been of high interest for me for the past few years, so I couldn't be more excited to be going!

Lots of fun dreaming, planning, and enjoying the days around here!

2 comments:

  1. Peach Pit diner?! That is hilarious. :) I love the goal of something new each week. I think I may have to see or do something new each week too and then we can catch up on what we did! This week will be visiting Shenandoah for the first time. Yee-haw!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Progress indeed....
    All sounds good
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete