Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuscany

After two fantastic days in Venice, we rented a Smart car and drove to Tuscany.  The smart car was an experience.  When inside it, you do not feel like you are in a matchbox car, however every time we got out, we remarked, "How the heck do two suitcases and two people fit in there?"  It was handy for parking for sure!  Tuscany was gorgeous, enchanting, and relaxing.  I could spend much more time there...but really, who couldn't?

Heidi driving us towards Bologna

Bologna

Bologna

Bologna

Lemon Cannoli = heaven

I need this espresso maker for my house I think

There is no way we would have ever parked a normal sized car anywhere in Italy.


Il Piano Villa near San Gimignano


San Gimignano - and the view from our kitchen.



Our home for two nights

The surrounding area

San Gimignano


San Gimignano


We happened upon a wedding


I always enjoy catching pictures of people just enjoying their days.



Gelato World Champions?  Yeah, that's a contest I need to attend!

I had Limoncello gelato here, and it was fantastic!

San Gimignano



Part of the old city wall - San Gimignano











Ok, I like sunsets...


View from our kitchen again of San Gimignano



We spent the next day relaxing at the pool - it was fantastic!


I perfected my espresso making skills.


Sienna

Sienna - just a week before one of the big horse races so there were flags everywhere.  It was gorgeous.





The main square where part of the horse race takes place.


The race bleachers for spectators.  The tables and chairs are removed for the race and the horses
run close to the spectators.









No comments:

Post a Comment