Monday, August 30, 2010

Re-cap

Well, there is no great excuse for why it has been a year since I have written. And not to worry, I'm not about to catch you up on a years worth of fun in one entry. ;) Since I last wrote, however, I have the privilege of working at UC-Berkeley for 4 months as a Hall Director. One of the Hall Directors there went on Semester at Sea, so I was hired to fill in. I had a great time working with amazing students and exploring the area. I am grateful to have met many wonderful friends in California and hope to spend more time in the bay area again soon!

I also had the pleasure of spending time with my sister and family in San Jose, CA and Davis, CA this summer. I can truly say that I love Northern California! Many great adventures!

I'm now back in Iowa after a 3-week trip from CA back to Iowa with wonderful stops in Laramie, WY; Denver, CO; Colorado Springs, CO; Ames, IA; Stevens Point, WI; and Lawrence, KS. I'm truly grateful to have so many wonderful friends and family across this country (and conveniently located close to I-80). :)

I'm now in Bettendorf, IA hanging with my parents and getting ready to head to Prague, Czech Republic on Saturday. I'll be teaching English as a second language to school children starting September 13. I'm incredibly excited and a bit nervous to start this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment